Monday, May 23, 2011

My Sunshine

It is quite incredible what a four year old can do to your mood and day.  Now I'm not saying that Chris hasn't had his not-so-sweet moments (trust me...he's had his fair share), but lately he has been so fun and entertaining.  The funny things he says, the hugs and "I heart you"s really make my day.

"Mom, it's blooming cold out here" made my -30 winter day MUCH better.

"Look at this PUDDLE!  It's a REALLY good one!" made my heart smile today while freezing my butt off walking in the rain with him.

The other day we were just sitting and visiting and "stickering" and I loved experiencing his view of reality:  of how unfair it was that we hadn't won the lottery so we could move to Hawaii (He really thought this would happen!), of how scary that shelf in the basement is ("But it doesn't really move, right mom?  It's just my magination."), of how beautiful his rock collection is, of how he couldn't wait to see great grandma at her party (he was literally squirming in his seat when he talked about it!).  

Oh I do love this little boy!
Chris, thanks for being my sunshine!  <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment