Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's the Little Things that make Me Smile

I've had a lot of health issues lately and it's been the little things that have kept me from having a giant pity party for myself.  Here are some of the little things that make me happy:

Clean, fresh sheets
Diet Pepsi or Diet Dr. Pepper in a tall glass with LOTS of ice cubes
That Chris calls a stapler a "stampler"
Emily singing to the songs on the radio
The sound of a gentle rain on the window
Warm towels from the dryer
"Stampling" things
A favourite song on the radio when I turn the car on
Chocolate bars on sale
Chris saying, "I heart you, mom."
New spring leaves
Microwave popcorn
Facebook
Emily still wanting to snuggle...sometimes
Friends stopping by for pop
Getting lost in a book
The heated seats in my van
My portable electronics...especially my iPhone
Chris and Emily playing and having fun without fighting
The smell of cinnamon
Crisp Gala apples

2 comments:

  1. This definitely made ME smile! Some things I could add would include
    Making breakfast on weekends and holidays
    Wearing a brand new shirt without washing it
    Watching my boys chase one another around
    Watching a campfire burn down
    I'm looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete